Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Akeelah and the Beerz

So I'm kickin' back with my better half and we decide to watch a movie. We had an action movie, which I wanted to watch and a cutesie drama; Akeelah and the Bee. Being the man of the house and a man of action there was no way we were going to watch the movie about an eleven year old girl from Compton High School and her spelling bee. No siree bub!
So after popping in the Akeelah DVD I headed to the fridge. I knew that for me to get through this Disney-esque flick I'd need beerz, to go with the Bee. Right from the start I'm in a bad mood. Why, you ask? Because during the opening credits this movie turned out to be a STARBUCKS entertainment production! Go back and read that last sentence if you need to. That's right STARBUCKS! I can't stand that over priced coffee shop that pillages the world's coffee beans and devours the world's real estate. I was immediately forced to down the rest of my beer and retrieve another one. I checked my supply and was happy to discover that the seven remaining delectable beverages were just enough to get me through the movie. Angela Basset and Laurence Fishburn were in the movie so all was not lost and in fact as the celluloid moved along I found that we were actually witnessing a very good movie...accompanied by very good Stella Artois beerz! My wife was very moved by this feel good film and she may tell you that I was also moved but in actual fact my eyes were not tearing up. In truth I had accidentally popped a beer cap into my left eye right at the end of the movie so it only appeared that my eye was welling up. It's the truth, why would I lie? To summarize; good movie, good beer, starbucks blowz!

No comments: