Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Change For The Better

The new regime of me. Sounds a tad blow-hardy doesn't it. On my blog profile I mention that I enjoy taking shots at politicians. I am officially done with all of that as I am done with politicians. I realize I may lose two of my three blog readers but it's time for me to get back to me, and more importantly, you! Politics has pushed me to the brink of mild insanity, anger and at times cynical laughter sprinkled with a hint of the diabolic. I wandered not unlike a clueless infant unaware that the world politic nearly possessed me. I devoured political hardcovers the moment they hit the shelves the way a heroin addict takes to his fixes. I told myself that I stayed current so that I'd never be hoodwinked, only to rant through this blog the way a bulimic purges after a huge guilty meal. I'd shoot my mouth off at parties on my imaginary soap box...and really, does anybody truly want to party with that guy? I was 'that guy'. I'm that guy, no more.

I'm through swimming in the ocean of 'the more things change the more they stay the same'. I looked at the big picture and couldn't help but hear the song by the Who with the lyric, "...the thing about the new boss, he's the same as the old boss." I don't want to hear about 'evil doers','coalitions of the willing','change we can believe in' or 'yes we can.' I'm done!

Until President Obama states (and delivers) that all of the troops in Iraq are coming home as well as all of the troops in Afghanistan, I'm not listening. I'm not playing. And I ain't buying! This journey has taught me two things. Actually, two things I already knew and already felt. One: we do not need to be in Iraq or Afghanistan. Two: if America, regardless of who is President, stopped resource mining (pillaging) and pursuing world hegemony/empire expansion, the list of enemies/terrorists and whatever other title constitutes a threat to national security, would plummet, recede and subside. We all know this but most of us haven't got the stones to admit it. Myself included until now, save occasional lip service...and I guess, blog service.

It's a new day for this humble blogger. The new message which I'd drifted away from: Love. How simple is that? If you're eye rolling, heavy sighing or puking, well then so be it. But, you'll come around baby, I know you will. I'd rather inspire than rant. I'm going to volunteer. I'm good to my neighbor but I can be better. I might even hug a tree. Would it make me a sissy if I did? If you think so then say it to my face, and see what happens to ya. [Oh, shit, three sentences and I forgot I'm supposed to be spreadin' love. Baby steps, I suppose.] The new blogs will still have the humor that some of my blogs had but I'll blog about inspirational Cats (people). I'll be bringin' the good news. And it will all come from a place of love. Don't worry, it won't be the fluffy nauseating kind...not that there's anything wrong with that, it just ain't me. I'm still the rough and tumble rocker who'll be the first through the thick door, shoulder rolling, and coming up fast for whatever ya got. I'll just have love in my heart as I put my 200 pounds of fast movin' business to the soon to be splintered door. Love, people! Spread it early and often...but do so carefully!

*N.B. This blogger is not on ecstasy or any other love enhancing drug. His last ride/trip may or may not have been pot brownies in 2000. Boy was that hilarious, and a topic for another blog...perhaps.

No comments: