Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Debt Ceiling...Really?


The so called 'debt ceiling crisis' is beyond infuriating. In the beginning there was no a crisis but through tom foolery and stupidity we now have...a crisis. Be you Republican, Democrat, Tea Party(ite), independent or other, the entire nation is now fully aware that the debt ceiling was raised 7 times by George W. Bush and 17 times by Ronald Reagan. This cannot be denied. Now, Barack Obama and his administration wish to raise the ceiling but the opposition says no! Questions; are the republicans obstructionist assholes or are the democrats wimps who lack what it takes to move this issue forward? I humbly put it to you that the answer is both. Speaker Boehner, the republicans and Tea Party(ers) are behaving moronically when one looks at the dangers of playing with America's credit rating like this. And, Obama and his camp are toothless in that they have allowed Boehner et al to piggy back cuts, cuts, cuts on top of this issue. The debt ceiling is what it is and it should stand alone, as it has with previous presidents.

Allow me to put all of this in the lay terms of a rocker with a sunny disposition. The U.S. government borrows money to pay it's bills. But it cannot borrow indefinitely. It has a 'ceiling'. Equate it with we, the common folk and our credit cards. If we pay bills with our visa but suddenly hit our maximum we are done. Our only option is to call visa, say a week before we go over the top and ask that our limit be raised. If visa says, 'no problem Dawg, you've got a great credit rating so go for it' then we're in business. If visa says no, then bill collectors come calling and our credit score starts dropping like a rock. That's where America is now.

The politicians on both sides of the aisle are playing a game of chicken. And during this game they are name calling and finger pointing. Furthermore, they are walking out on each other, not returning phone calls and other forms of pre-teen behavior. Let me ask you this. If you were calling visa and asking for a limit raise would YOU play cat & mouse games with them? If you did, do you think it would work?

Dig this: Me: Hiya visa, I need to raise my limit and while you are at it you need to lower my interest rate to 2 per cent

visa: We at visa can raise your limit however at this time we are unable to--"

Me: (click sound), I hang up and walk away...from my own cell phone

Me Calling back: Hi visa guy, I need to raise my limit.

Visa: I'll be happy to help but our records show that you hung up on visa representative Tammy McTammyton

Me: No, no I didn't. She hung up on me...twice even

visa: How could she have hung up twice sir?

Me: Ah, er, with her special visa phone, hello! Anyway I need to raise the limit asap.

visa: We can do that for you sir. But I must remind you that your next payment is due in 7 days and to raise your limit will take 8 to 10 business days.

Me: I know, that gives me plenty of time...right? Oh sh** wait a minute.

Grow up you political toddlers and stop fu**ing with America!!! Don't make ME come to Washington!

No comments: