Friday, December 14, 2007

Media Exaggerate? No Way

Listening to talk radio today I heard that Barbara Walters criticized the Bush white house for the heavy religious content in the Christmas card she received from them. My eyes rolled and then-I had this thought and that. But before the topic passed and was replaced by things of import I made a vague mental note to check the news online and see what the rumpus is all about. Well folks I went to a hand full of sites that Google gave me and they all said things like 'Barbara attacks Bushes' 'Barbara lashes out' 'Barbara outraged'. I almost thought that this story might be 100 miles away from being actual news. And then...I found a site which carried the video of the VIEW episode where she supposedly lashed out. Barbara read, or should I say name dropped a list of hifalutin cards she got from hifalutin celebripricks. She maybe gave the Bush Christmas card oh, 35 seconds and only mentioned that it was the most religious white house card she'd ever received. And...ah...well...that's it. That's all of it. There was nothing more. By second 36 she was onto Elton John's card. Talk radio blew it up. Written press blew it up and on and on.
The media needs to stop giving us non-news. They need a forum where they can just spew their nonsense where it won't bother anybody...Like a blog or something.

No comments: